Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sacrifices

Sometimes in life we all have to make sacrifices that we really don't want to, even if the thing we are sacrificing are uplifting and fun that will cause no harm. Sometimes things come up in our lives that makes us incapable of doing those things we love to do.  Instead, perhaps, we gain something greater or of more worth.  I know that I have learned that Heavenly Father knows what is best for me.  By sacrificing something I would love to do, I am able to realize that sometimes I don't always get what I want in life, and in the long run, everything will work out and I will be eternally happy.  Here are some quotes that have helped me through this:
"We have much reason to hope.  Joy can be ours if we are willing to sacrifice all for the Lord.  Then we can look forward to the infinitely priceless possibility of overcoming all the challenges of this life." -President James E. Faust
"Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit.  He knows you.  He loves you with a perfect love.  God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season- He sees you as His child.  He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become.  He wants you to know that you matter to Him." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands.  He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us; He did it for you.  You are not alone." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I am so grateful for this knowledge that I know that Christ has suffered for me.  He knows exactly what I am going through.  Even though I may have to sacrifice something that is really hard for me, He suffered His body for every single person.  I can not comprehend how much love He has for me.  I know that if I stay close to the Lord, he will help me get through anything that comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment