Monday, December 5, 2011

His Blood Shed For Me

Heavenly Father knows that I need the sacrament every week.  I do not know how I could live with my sins for more than a week.  I love the sacrament.  It gives me the opportunity to start over and cleanse myself from my sins for that week.  I really hate it when I sin after church on Sunday, so I have to wait until next week to take the sacrament again.
I am so grateful for the atonement so that I can repent of my sins.  Christ knows exactly how I feel and he loves me perfectly that he will help save me and help me, through the atonement, get back to Heavenly Father.


This quote is amazing.  I do love God and try to please him, but I make mistakes every single day.  Even though I fail him, he has an unconditional love for me, and he will love me no matter what mistakes I make.
Elder Legrand R. Curtis Jr. said in this last General Conference, "Although we can never repay the Redeemer what He paid on our behalf, the plan of redemption calls for our best efforts to fully repent and do the will of God."  We may never be able to pay Christ back for what he did for us, but we can use the atonement as a gift.  Just like in the passover in Exodus 12, the Israelites had to wipe the blood of the lamb on the door posts so they would pass over their door and not kill the first born of every creature.  We have to use the blood, or else it does not work.  We have to use His blood.  The sacrament is a symbol of His body and blood, and we need to partake of it each week and repent of our sins.  The sacrament is to remember Him and be appreciative of what He did for us.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! It is amazing that He would shed His blood for us so we can return to Him someday. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete