Thursday, February 16, 2012

I am the Chosen One

"These are dark times, there is no denying.  Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today."
-Rufus Scrimgeour (Harry Potter)

Satan is at his strongest today.  The Lord needs valiant servants to fight Satan and his army.  Sometimes I question my strength.  Do I really have power to conquer Satan?  Can I make an impact on this world?  I found this quote that really helped with this.

"You are here now because you were divinely elected to be here now.  The simple fact and plain truth is that Mary and Eve and countless other glorious women as well as countless spiritually resplendent men were not assigned to this dispensation.  We were."-Sheri Dew

We were reserved for this dispensation.  Heavenly Father saved us to come into the world at this time.  He didn't send Moses or Nephi here today, he sent me.  He sent you.  We have a great job here to accomplish.  Satan is strong, but I need to be stronger.  I was chosen to come now because Heavenly Father knows of my strength.  He knows that I can help to conquer Satan.

I am the Chosen One. (Harry Potter again)

2 comments:

  1. Can I even begin to describe how much I like this post?? I love the Harry Potter/Gospel connection. It really helps put it in perspective.

    ReplyDelete