Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let Earth Receive Her King

Christmas is my favorite time of the year!  I love celebrating Christ's birth and remembering everything that he did for us, and I love listening to Christmas music.  David Archuleta sang with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last Christmas.  I absolutely love this song!  David's voice is so amazing and he has such a great spirit when he sings that tells the message of the song.


I love the saying "Wise men still seek him."  It refers to the three wise-men who brought gifts to Jesus at his birth, but it is also saying that if you are wise, you will still seek Christ.  That is so powerful.  We need to seek Christ in our everyday lives.
I love the lessons we learn during Christmas time.  We learn that it is not about receiving gifts but serving others and giving.  Christ served others his whole life.  This movie helps show the true meaning of Christmas:

 

And I just love this song:


The translation is:
We are glad that we have a Father to trust.
We are glad that we have a Father to rely upon
Where was Jesus born?
Where was He born?
Bethlehem, the city of wonder.
That is where the Father was born for sure.
Praise, praise, praise be to Him.
We thank Thee, we thank Thee, we thank Thee for this day.
Gracious Father.
Praise, praise, praise be to Thee,
Merciful Father


No comments:

Post a Comment