Friday, November 16, 2012

Then Sings My Soul

Music.  
It's so wonderful.
After playing the piano for over 10 years, being in school choirs for 6 years, and being ward organist for 2 years, I guess you could say that music is a part of me.
I miss it sooo much!  I miss being in a choir.  Chamber Choir last year was such an amazing experience.
Sooo.....I wanted to continue singing in a choir.  I can't live without it.  After hearing my ward choir perform in church for the first time, I was a little upset.  It's not that they were bad, but it was just not everything I was hoping for.  I mean the last choir I sang in was Chamber, so I can't really compare that to a ward choir.  But I decided that it didn't matter what the choir sounded like, I just needed to be in a choir.
I went to the choir practices and did my best to be involved in the music.  I decided that even if we can't blend well and do all the things that I have been trained to do in choirs over the years, I thought that it would be good to just sing.
Then, this last Sunday, we sang "If You Could Hie to Kolob"  in sacrament meeting.  Right when we started singing, I felt like the heavens opened and I could feel my Heavenly Fathers presence.  It was like He came down to listen to us sing praises to Him.  I do believe that he hears us singing to Him.  And he loves it no matter what it sounds like. That performance, whether good or bad, was a testimony builder for me.  I sang my heart out.
I realized what makes singing in a choir so great- that one moment when we all come together and create music.  That is why I love choir.  When people come together to sing- now that -that is power.  It creates something that can't be created any other way.  Even the great Albus Dumbledore said, "Ah music! A magic far beyond all we do here!"
I just love music.  
There's nothing else to say. 
Ah! It's just wonderful. :)

Here's one of my favorite piano versions of "Come Thou Fount"

No comments:

Post a Comment